Crimestoppers USA http://www.crimestoppersusa.org/
Iowa Crime Prevention Association http://iowacrimeprevention.org/
From the ICPA site–
Reminder: Call 911 when there is an emergency,
- lives are in danger, and immediate action is required, such as
- a burning building or vehicle,
- a serious injury or medical condition (i.e.; a heart attack),
- an in-progress crime situation such as a shooting, stabbing, armed robbery, etc.
- or there is a good chance of arresting a crime suspect, or of preventing the development of a serious crime situation by reporting suspicious persons, vehicles or circumstances, threats of violence or injury, disturbances or actions which, if not controlled quickly, could lead to an emergency.
National Crime Prevention Council https://www.ncpc.org/
NCPC Resources: https://www.ncpc.org/topics
- BullyingInformation and resources to help prevent the serious problem of bullying
- Cell Phone SafetyInformation and resources on using cell phones safely
- Conflict ResolutionInformation on controlling anger intended to promote nonviolence and diplomacy
- CyberbullyingInformation and resources to curb the growing problem of cyberbullying
- Disaster PreparednessFind out what you can do for Homeland Security, and learn how to prepare for natural disasters.
- Drug AbuseInformation and resources to help prevent drug abuse
- Evaluation ReportsEvaluation reports on NCPC and other programs
- Fraud and Identity TheftInformation and resources to protect yourself and your family from fraud and identity theft.
- Gang Violence PreventionInformation and Resources for parents, educators, community activists, police, and government officials on preventing gang violence.
- Halloween SafetyTrick or Treat Safety Tips
- Hate CrimeInformation and resources regarding hate crimes and bias
- Home and Neighborhood SafetyInformation and resources for keeping your home and neighborhood safe
- Intellectual Property Theft IP Theft is Not a Victimless Crime
- Internet SafetyInformation and resources for staying safe online
- School SafetyTips and resources for students, parents, and teachers to help keep America’s schools safe
- Violent Crime and Personal SafetyTips and resources to help prevent violent crime, plus information and publications for victims of violence
- VolunteeringFind something you enjoy while making a tremendous difference in the lives of others.
- Workplace SafetyTake crime prevention to work.
- By AudiencePlease select the section which best describes you.
- ReentryLinks to recorded webinars on topics related to the issue of ex-offender reentry.
North Iowa Law Enforcement Agencies (All law enforcement websites, listed by county included in “North Iowa”—links on Facebook page)
Examples From Cerro Gordo County site:
(other county specific links could be included)
Iowa Sex Offender Registry https://www.iowasexoffender.com/
Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Department Of Justice
United States Internal Revenue Service
United States Postal Service
United States Secret Service
Sites of Interest